Why do we homeowners take so much time to study colors and find just the right ones for our homes? An informative GE Design Center article entitled, “A Look at The Latest Color Trends” says we use and enjoy colors to set a mood, create interest, or express a unique personality.
As we choose colors for the home, we are looking for selections that will be current and enduring; not trendy or faddish. According to the article, there are two popular color directions trending right now, represented as “… a strong interest in bringing our natural environment into the home, in contrast to the softer, contemporary minimalist style influenced by technology and European design.”
Another perspective influencing color selection in the home is the prevailing view of the American home as a place of refuge, encouraging the use of harmonious, comforting and calming textures, finishes and colors. The following are a sampling of contemporary color trends:
- Cabinetry: Butter cream and glazed finishes, sage or mossy green tones and blues with lowered intensity, maple and birch, and the use of darker stains
- Fixtures: Glass vessel, earth tone, and porcelain sinks; stainless steel, copper and other alloys in specialty tubs and soaking baths; honed soapstone and granite slab sinks and neutral colors
- Fittings: Matt chrome and warm nickel finishes are used with softer colors; and brushed chrome, and antique bronze continue in popularity
- Countertops: Solid surface materials can be found in a variety of stone-like finishes and aquatic themes; granite, soapstone or marble homes stone; pigmented concrete; stainless steel and the ever present plastic laminate
- Flooring: Carpeting continues to emerge with new colors and patterns; limestone tiles from India and other places; and hardwoods in wide planking and new varieties of wood species and stains. The GE article says, “From 16"x16" tiles to mosaics, color in tile can be a neutral element, bring in a splash of color or repeat a color motif.”
Would you enjoy seeing an array of color used creatively throughout the home that you can use in your home? The Country Club Homes, Inc. Portfolio offers many photo images for you to see with a wide selection of colors reflecting classic and contemporary color trends.
If you are planning to renovate one of the rooms in your home, or planning to build a new home in Fairfield County or southwestern Connecticut, contact Country Club Homes, Inc. to discuss your plans. You may contact us via our website at www.countryclubhomesinc.com or by telephone at 203-762-0550.