A recent survey by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) asked about homeowners' reasons for remodeling. There was a range of responses, indicating that there are many different motivations for undergoing a home remodel. The top five responses were:
- Desire for improved or new amenities- This is the number one reason for which people report wanting remodeling their homes for the second year in a row. Luxury homes these days are more defined by amenities tailored to the interests, needs, and desires of the homeowners than they are by fine finishes and sprawling rooms.
- Repairs and replacements of old home elements- This practical reason came in second. Whether outdated or out-of-order, updates to existing home features is a simple way to revitalize your home.
- Desire or need to expand- While smaller homes are still popular, growing families and an increase in desired amenities or needed features like an in-home office sometimes require adding extra space to a home.
- Wanting to age in place- Accessible features remain very popular and very practical reasons to remodel.
- Avoid moving to a new home- Sometimes your current home no longer meets your needs. Moving is stressful and expensive, however, so in cases where a change of location is not necessary, many homeowners choose to remodel instead.
What's your reason for remodeling? What goals do you have for your finished project? Our team of experts at Country Club Homes can help you achieve these goals. No matter your reason for remodeling, we can ensure that the finished project meets your specific and unique needs. To learn more about how we can help you achieve the home renovation projects you've been dreaming of, contact us at Country Club Homes.