For some people, their foyer design may be the most important part of their home design. The foyer represents the homeowner's welcoming personality to their guests and visitors. The foyer is the first place people see when entering the home, so the design should give a good impression.
The features that you may want to focus on in your foyer should include:
- Lighting - A stunning or unique chandelier; perhaps interesting uplighting; sconces or focal point lighting
- Flooring - Warm wood flooring laid in an eye-catching pattern or use decorative stone flooring
- Ceiling - A coffered or beamed ceiling; a uniquely painted ceiling; or interesting layered crown moulding
- Paneling - Custom wood paneling on the walls, whether at chairrail height or all the way up to the ceiling; painted white or a warm color or even in a rich, stained wood
- Custom Front Door - Take the time to pick out a door that suits your home. Is it painted or is it stained; does it have sidelites or a lovely transom overhead. Does it have a nice, heavy feel to it? And, don't forget the hardware (doorknob and hinges) and its finish as they can set the door apart from others.
- Staircase - Beautiful railings, interesting spindles and stained wood treads that may or may not have a carpet runner. Add unusual details that make your staircase unique and special.
With these features in your foyer, holiday decorating will only add to the warmth that you and your guests will enjoy.
Call 203-762-0550 or contact Country Club Homes online at www.countryclubhomesinc.com for additional home design ideas for your new home creation or existing home renovation project. We also invite you to visit our portfolio for examples of our work.