Sub-Zero and Wolf revealed the results of their 2016 Kitchen Design Forecast at "Design Pros Call It." Below are key findings from their poll:
- Open floor plans are still in demand.
- Formal dining rooms are a thing of the past.
- White is still the most popular color in the kitchen while new neutrals and accent colors such as grey, blue and black are gaining popularity.
- Convection steam ovens and induction cooktops are the hottest appliances.
- Kitchen design is more for function over form.
- Increased popularity in outdoor kitchens.
- Aging Americans are looking for a cleaner design with fewer ledges and grooves.
- Integration of child-friendly food for prep functions.
- Increased popularity in organic design, living plants, and vertical gardens.
For further information check out Sub-Zero and Wolf Unveil 2016 Kitchen Design Forecast.
Before reading these results, I knew very little about convection steam ovens. Did you know that steam ovens are healthier for you, offering the healthiest form of cooking? Convection steam ovens combine both wet and dry cooking with the advantage of evenly distributed heat. The movement of the hot air ensures consistent heating and browning while the steam adds moisture at the right time. Convection steam ovens provide you with the perfect fusion of moist cooking with a touch of browning, the best quality food.
If this method of cooking entices you, you will want to check out the Subzero Wolf cookbook full of recipes and techniques specific to the Wolf convection steam oven, Mastering the Convection Steam Oven. These meals look delicious!
At Country Club Homes, we stay in touch with the latest custom home design trends to share exciting new ideas with our clients. Contact us today at 203-762-0550 or visit us at countryclubhomesinc.com to learn more about our work.